September 2022 start
Teachers Main Scale (Inner London)
Do you wish to work at an outstanding school which supports teacher’s work/life balance? We are a school with a history of providing extensive support to teachers and a commitment to creating a balance between school, personal and family life.
Woodside Primary Academy is looking to recruit a PE Teacher with a proven track record of delivering high standards in physical educational for pupils.
As part of REAch2 Academy Trust we are passionate about ensuring all pupils are educated to a high standard and experience outstanding opportunities, no matter their background.
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a similar setting with the ability to demonstrate how their teaching skills have made a difference in pupil achievement and staff development. Our PE Teacher needs to be dynamic and driven to achieve high standards for our Academy, not only for our pupils and staff, but for our parents and local community.
Woodside Primary Academy is a truly inspirational school to be part of, with phenomenal staff and pupils. They need someone who can now take them on the rest of the journey to outstanding so the successful candidate will:
- Inspire and motivate others
- Provide strong, professional, compassionate teaching
- Think and plan strategically
- Promote and facilitate high quality teaching and learning which aims to ensure all pupils fulfil their potential
- Maintain and develop the supportive culture of the staff team
- Promote high standards of behaviour based on fairness and mutual respect
- Have significant experience of physical education, health and wellbeing
- Skills and experience to establish high standards of teaching
- Knowledge and expertise to build on established processes and systems
At Woodside we offer the following:
- Weekly PPA (Non-contact time) with your year
- Inner London weighting for all Main Pay Scale
- Collaborative teaching initiative whereby teachers of all levels of experience work alongside each other to develop their own personal CPD and teaching
- Free before and after school child care for teachers; in addition we will collect your child/children from neighbouring
- Free childcare during INSET days.
- “Perks for Work” Scheme
- EAP – Employee Assistance Program
- Free Access to the “Shiny Minds” Well Being App.
To request an application pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Alternatively, download an application pack from our website
Closing date for applications: Friday 1st July 2022 @ 9:00am.
Interview date: Wednesday 6th July 2022.
Woodside Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population. We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace. The Council is committed to meeting its 4 equality objectives: - Promoting equality of opportunity - Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage - Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels. - Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent Services to all. Respecting Diversity is a core Council value. To support the above and reduce the risk of bias in its recruitment activities, the council is operating an anonymous shortlisting process, which hides personal information that can identify individuals until their application has been considered for shortlisting. The council also operates a scheme whereby, for jobs graded up to and including scale SO2, internal candidates are considered first. This includes those candidates who self-identify as having a disability for the purposes of the Disability Confident scheme. For more information, please refer to our recruitment and selection policy