Interim Deputy Head Teacher
Contract type: Full-time fixed-term Interim post 2022- 2023
Leadership Scale: L10-L15
Job Start: September 2022.
The Federated Schools of St. Joseph’s Catholic Infants and Juniors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated professional who will join a forward-looking team. We are looking for someone who will enjoy working with teams across both schools as we work together in the pursuit of excellence. You will be a person who thrives on challenge, enjoys working with young people and is passionate about seeing them achieve. The post is suitable for someone as the next step up from Assistant Headship or middle leadership to join our dedicated team in our journey towards becoming an outstanding.
The person we are looking for should be:
- a dedicated professional with the ability to inspire children to earn and achieve;
- fully committed to safeguarding the children in our care; an inspirational, creative and highly effective teacher
- committed to promoting the Catholic ethos of our school;
- experienced in and/or have good understanding of the Early Years, KS1 and KS2 Curriculum;
- driven to ensure excellent student progress across and deliver personalised learning to meet needs, abilities and aspirations of all pupils.
- a hardworking, imaginative thinker who has excellent organisational and time management skills
- work successfully in partnership with governors, parents and our community;
- a team player who wants to work and engage with colleagues at all levels within the school and across the federated schools.
At the Federated Schools of St. Joseph’s Catholic Infants and Juniors you will find:
- well behaved pupils eager for success
- supportive colleagues
- excellent continuing professional development opportunities and guidance
- supportive Governing Body and close links with the Diocese of Brentwood
How to apply
Please note that all applicants must use the CES application forms here provided. All sections of the CES application form and relevant supplementary documents must be completed. Completed application forms can be returned by email to: email@example.com. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
Closing date for applications – Friday 24th June 2022
Interview date: TBC
The Federated Schools of St. Joseph’s Catholic Infants and St. Joseph’s Catholic Juniors are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
Please note that the Childcare Disqualifications Regulations 2009 apply to this position and therefore you are required to complete the ‘Disqualification by Association’ declared form. Should you be successful in your application for this post, your appointment cannot be progressed without this declaration.
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population. We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace. The Council is committed to meeting its 4 equality objectives: - Promoting equality of opportunity - Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage - Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels. - Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent Services to all. Respecting Diversity is a core Council value. To support the above and reduce the risk of bias in its recruitment activities, the council is operating an anonymous shortlisting process, which hides personal information that can identify individuals until their application has been considered for shortlisting. The council also operates a scheme whereby, for jobs graded up to and including scale SO2, internal candidates are considered first. This includes those candidates who self-identify as having a disability for the purposes of the Disability Confident scheme. For more information, please refer to our recruitment and selection policy