Class Teacher and English Lead
Whitehall Primary School
London E4 6ES
Tel: 020 8529 3813
Fax: 020 8523 7113
Class Teacher & English Lead
Qualified teacher status required
MPS + TLR2b (Outer London)
This post is not suitable for a newly qualified teacher
Required for September 2021
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our warm and happy school. Whitehall is a collaborative and inclusive school in Waltham Forest, which is committed to ensuring the very best outcomes for all members of our school community. We are very proud to also have a Specialist Resource Provision for Deaf pupils.
We are seeking to appoint a driven, committed, and inspirational English Lead who will inspire our pupils, harness the enthusiasm of our team and lead our school to be at the forefront of current research and key trends within the English curriculum. We have high aspirations for our pupils and staff, and we are looking for someone who will be genuinely inspired by the chance to apply their strong subject knowledge and experience within our school community. This post will suit a practitioner who has high expectations of themselves and their pupils and who is ambitious to deliver on outcomes, both academically and in developing the whole child.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent classroom practitioner who is able to support colleagues to raise their teaching practice;
- A specialism in English and or strong subject knowledge and a real passion for the subject;
- Highly motivated, innovative, and eager to take a lead;
- Have good interpersonal skills and be able to work well as part of our team
- Plan and deliver creative and high quality engaging lessons around the English National Curriculum
- Fully support the vision, mission, and values of the school and promote the highest levels of achievement within their own class and across the school
- Lead all aspects of your subject across the whole school,
- Be an active member of the Middle Leadership Team
Whitehall was judged a good school in its September 2017 OFSTED inspection.
If you are interested in knowing more about these posts, please email us at HR@whitehall.waltham.sch.uk
Whitehall Primary School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 equality objectives:
- Promoting equality of opportunity
- Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
- Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels.
- Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent Services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.
To support the above and reduce the risk of bias in its recruitment activities, the council is operating an anonymous shortlisting process, which hides personal information that can identify individuals until their application has been considered for shortlisting.
The council also operates a scheme whereby, for jobs graded up to and including scale SO2, internal candidates are considered first. This includes those candidates who self-identify as having a disability for the purposes of the Disability Confident scheme. For more information, please refer to our recruitment and selection policy