Head of Drama
Are you a strong teacher who strives for excellence for all? We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Drama teacher with the energy and commitment to teach pupils of all abilities up to, and including, GCSE. The successful candidate will also be able to offer Music as a second subject to Year 7 and possibly Year 8. As the only person in the Department, the post will hold HOD responsibilities and as such this will be reflected in the addition of a TLR point.
This is an exciting opportunity to build a strong and effective Drama Department and to contribute to a growing Music Department. Applications from newly qualified teachers will be welcomed, as well as those from more experienced staff or those looking to return to teaching. An excellent induction programme is provided for new staff and NQTs.
You will be part of:
- An exciting and innovative development of an all-through learning community, graded, “Good” by Ofsted
- A dedicated team of staff who strive for excellence
- A caring and inclusive ethos where all are learners
- A school which has supportive Governors and Parents with high expectations of the school
- An Induction process that is committed to ongoing professional development
We believe that we can transform the learning of generations of children by having the full range of children on one site led by staff and supported by a community who share common values, learning and curriculum aims, polices, and practices all under one roof. We are a cutting edge learning community in the field of all-through education.
Buxton School offers staff:
- A wide range of opportunities for Staff CPD
- State of the art facilities in a new building
- Supportive Governing body and experienced Leadership Team
- All-Through school from Nursery to Year 11 with a creative and inspiring curriculum
- A fuller teaching timetable Monday to Thursday means a shorter working day on a Friday
Buxton School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Please note CVs will not be accepted.
For an application pack and further details, please download the details from the school website www.buxtonschool.org.uk or contact Stacey Bell, PA to Executive Head Teacher at email@example.com
Closing date: 9am on Monday 19th April 2021
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 equality objectives:
- Promoting equality of opportunity
- Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
- Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels.
- Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent Services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.
To support the above and reduce the risk of bias in its recruitment activities, the council is operating an anonymous shortlisting process, which hides personal information that can identify individuals until their application has been considered for shortlisting.
The council also operates a scheme whereby, for jobs graded up to and including scale SO2, internal candidates are considered first. This includes those candidates who self-identify as having a disability for the purposes of the Disability Confident scheme. For more information, please refer to our recruitment and selection policy
How to apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative. For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.