CCTV Operations Centre Officer - Waltham Forest Services Ltd
The employer for this role is Waltham Forest Services Ltd and not The London Borough Waltham Forest Council.
Waltham Forest Services Ltd is a trading company providing services for the London Borough of Waltham Forest including CCTV Monitoring, lettings and management, large-item collections, and much more.
We are looking to appoint a CCTV Operations Centre Officer to provide a professional, proactive, customer-focused service for the fast-paced, technology-driven 24/7 Operations Centre.
DBS and Police checks will be carried out on all staff – the role is dependent on these being satisfactory.
What we seek in you;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to engage and communicate with internal and external stakeholders, customers and partners.
- Highly organised with the ability to multi-task and be flexible to respond to service delivery requirements.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, using problem-solving skills and initiative to provide a customer-focused support service.
- Outstanding active listening skills - ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent attention to detail and will be expected to maintain a high level of professionalism, care and integrity, ensuring a positive image of the company is promoted at all times.
- This post demands a high level of flexibility, a positive attitude and ability to adapt to changes.
- SIA accreditation in public surveillance.
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population.
We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace.
The Council is committed to meeting its 4 equality objectives:
- Promoting equality of opportunity
- Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage
- Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels.
- Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent Services to all.
Respecting Diversity is a core Council value.
To support the above and reduce the risk of bias in its recruitment activities, the council is operating an anonymous shortlisting process, which hides personal information that can identify individuals until their application has been considered for shortlisting.
The council also operates a scheme whereby, for jobs graded up to and including scale SO2, internal candidates are considered first. This includes those candidates who self-identify as having a disability for the purposes of the Disability Confident scheme. For more information, please refer to our recruitment and selection policy
How to apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative. For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.