An excellent opportunity has arisen for a talented customer focussed professional to manage and deliver a comprehensive reviews service which provides accurate and in depth reviews of decisions around suitability of accommodation, homelessness, and any other related areas as designated.
About the Role:
- The successful candidate will be expected to provide detailed advice, support and training to staff on case law, legislation, and best practise relating to homelessness decisions, Allocations and Homelessness Relief Duty under the HRA.
- Maintain an understanding of our customer base and provide a customer centred reviews service.
- Drive service improvement initiatives, integrating good practice within the service delivery model.
- Effectively manage customer expectations, always seeking to meet or exceed those expectations.
- Collect quality and performance information; feeding that back as required to drive improvements; resolving customer complaints effectively.
- Maintain consistent, accurate and up to date records for the team, incorporating analysis of performance and ensuring that performance management information is readily available.
- Maintain a detailed and thorough understanding of current and new housing legislation, and drive necessary procedural and policy changes in preparation for the HRA implementation.
- Design and deliver training to staff and partners, and develop and maintain a training programme and resource library for staff.
Shortlisting date: 16th October 2017
Interview date: 23rd October 2017
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population. We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace. The Council is committed to meeting its 4 equality objectives: - Promoting equality of opportunity - Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage - Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels. - Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent Services to all. Respecting Diversity is a core Council value. To support the above and reduce the risk of bias in its recruitment activities, the council is operating an anonymous shortlisting process, which hides personal information that can identify individuals until their application has been considered for shortlisting. The council also operates a scheme whereby, for jobs graded up to and including scale SO2, internal candidates are considered first. This includes those candidates who self-identify as having a disability for the purposes of the Disability Confident scheme. For more information, please refer to our recruitment and selection policy
How to apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative. For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council