1:1 Teaching Assistant
The Federated Schools of St Joseph’s Catholic Infants
and St Joseph’s Catholic Junior
Postion: : 1-1 Teaching Assistant
Start date: Available to start immediately subject to reference, DBS and medical checks.
Contract: Fixed term to 23rd July 2022 or rolling contract
Do you want to work in a happy, caring environment? Are you a dedicated professional who loves to see children achieve? The Federated Schools of St. Joseph’s Catholic Infants and Juniors wish to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated Teaching Assistant to join our existing team.
We can offer:
- A happy, warm and vibrant Catholic Infant School where everyone feels welcomed and valued;
- A caring and positive school community underpinned by our strong Catholic ethos;
- Staff committed to high quality teaching and learning and a culture where everyone is encouraged to succeed;
- Enthusiastic, positive, and excellently behaved pupils who enjoy school;
- Excellent professional development opportunities;
- Professional, creative, friendly and innovative teaching environment;
- Supportive governors and parents and strong links with St. Joseph’s Parish;
We are looking for a candidate who will:
- Be a dedicated professional with the ability to inspire children;
- Be fully committed to safeguarding the children in our care;
- Be committed to promoting the Catholic ethos of our school;
- Be passionate and dedicated to inspire and motivate children to learn and achieve;
- Be experienced in and/or have good understanding of the Key stage 1 and Early Years Curriculum;
- Be enthusiastic, committed and caring;
- Deliver personalised learning meeting the needs, abilities and aspirations of all pupils, particularly those with special educational needs.
- Be resilient, confident with behaviour management and have a good sense of humour.
As a 1-1 Teaching Assistant you will be responsible for:
- liaising with the class teacher regarding work set for the lesson
- providing emotional and behavioural support
- reporting any safeguarding concerns to the designated safeguarding lead
- Supporting pupils with social, language and commination difficulties and SEND
How to apply
Please note that all applicants must use the CES application forms provided. All sections of the CES application form and relevant supplementary documents must be completed.
Completed application forms must be returned by email to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Tuesday 7th December 2021
Interview Date: Thursday 9th December 2021
Visits to our lovely school are warmly welcome.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population. We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace. The Council is committed to meeting its 4 equality objectives: - Promoting equality of opportunity - Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage - Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels. - Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent Services to all. Respecting Diversity is a core Council value. To support the above and reduce the risk of bias in its recruitment activities, the council is operating an anonymous shortlisting process, which hides personal information that can identify individuals until their application has been considered for shortlisting. The council also operates a scheme whereby, for jobs graded up to and including scale SO2, internal candidates are considered first. This includes those candidates who self-identify as having a disability for the purposes of the Disability Confident scheme. For more information, please refer to our recruitment and selection policy
How to apply
Email address for return of applications firstname.lastname@example.org