Senior Insight Analyst
We are seeking a Senior Analyst to help us develop valuable insights and support the innovative work of our Corporate Business Intelligence function.
We are looking for a candidate who can empower service managers and decision-makers with actionable intelligence about the activity and performance of Council services, through complex data analytics and reporting solutions, support the development and embedding of an insight and intelligence culture throughout the council, and help develop the Business Intelligence function and deliver data insights that drive operational decisions and service improvement.
This is an exciting time to join Waltham Forest – London’s first Borough of Culture and the winner of the “MJ Council of the year” award. This is your chance to join an ambitious, people-focused organisation during a time of significant change, transformation and new challenges.
- Gather, assess and document the requirements for Business Intelligence products and projects.
- Extract, manipulate and integrate data so that it can be used effectively for analysis and reporting
- Design and develop data models and processes to enable comprehensive and accurate reporting.
- Design and develop visual reports, dashboards and infographics to provide actionable data and insights for managers and decision-makers.
- Proactively identify the need for new data and analytics in response to changing national or local policies and priorities.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvements in the Council’s ability to collect, analyse and act on data and insight.
- Experience of developing and reporting on performance measures and indicators, and designing and implementing performance management frameworks
- Thorough understanding of core concepts of how data is organised and managed in complex business environments, including relational databases and data modelling
- Advanced knowledge and experience of complex data analysis tools and methods, including technology such as Excel, Power BI, and GIS
- Knowledge and experience of extracting and manipulating data using a coding language such as SQL, R and/or Python.
- Ability to design and produce clear and compelling data visualisations in reports, dashboards and infographics
- Ability to consistently deliver quality outputs in a fast-paced environment, work to tight deadlines, and contribute to a fun, fast-paced, high impact and dynamic environment
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population. We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace. The Council is committed to meeting its 4 equality objectives: - Promoting equality of opportunity - Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage - Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels. - Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent Services to all. Respecting Diversity is a core Council value. To support the above and reduce the risk of bias in its recruitment activities, the council is operating an anonymous shortlisting process, which hides personal information that can identify individuals until their application has been considered for shortlisting. The council also operates a scheme whereby, for jobs graded up to and including scale SO2, internal candidates are considered first. This includes those candidates who self-identify as having a disability for the purposes of the Disability Confident scheme. For more information, please refer to our recruitment and selection policy
How to apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative. For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.