Digital Programme Manager
Waltham Forest has a challenging, customer focused digital agenda. We are looking a Digital Programme Lead to oversee and deliver the Digital Housing Transformation programme, ensuring interlinked digital and technology projects and management of all interdependencies. As Programme Lead it will be essential to manage resources and priorities across all change projects and programmes. Waltham Forest has championed the digitisation of services as well as adopting a ‘mobile first’ model to ensure we are giving our residents the greatest possible access to council services.
Key skill and experience for the successful candidate are:
- Direct experience of structuring, running and managing complex and multi stream services, business change projects, programmes and portfolios
- Experience of delivering complex technology refresh and infrastructure in particular Cloud migration programmes and projects
- Experience of building excellent relationships with Senior managers and Members, with a view to ensuring that corporate visions and priorities are delivered
- Experience of detailed resource management and success in implementing new resourcing approaches
- Experience in dealing with a range of complex and contentious matters requiring a consistently high degree of support, persuasion and advocacy and an awareness of major policy objectives
- Excellent knowledge of Digital and ICT infrastructure and other key systems underpinning the use of ICT as well as significant knowledge of complex Digital and ICT systems interfaces and impacts
- Strong leadership, influencing, people engagement, and people management skills
- Experience of leading using agile methodologies
As a Digital Programme Lead you will be responsible for leading and reporting on the delivery of the Digital Housing programme. You will manage and deliver the Council change portfolio in a practical and pragmatic way, ensuring all elements of the portfolio are completed on time and to budget. This will include managing the risks and issues identified across the portfolio and making sure that everyone involved is coordinated, motivated, and able to complete work to the right standard.
You will assume ownership of the delivery of the Digital Housing Programme and plan and organise work and priorities, co-ordinating with others (internal or external delivery partners) to support the development and delivery of the service.
You’ll thrive using agile methods and enjoy working openly, collaboratively and leading a multidisciplinary team focused on one or more projects at a time. Above all, you want to make Waltham Forest better, which may sometimes involve challenging the status quo.
We offer candidates the opportunity to enjoy rewarding work with a benefits package which includes a salary starting from £59325k, 28 - 31 days holiday allowance, flexible working arrangements and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
1 year fixed term contract
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population. We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace. The Council is committed to meeting its 4 equality objectives: - Promoting equality of opportunity - Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage - Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels. - Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent Services to all. Respecting Diversity is a core Council value. To support the above and reduce the risk of bias in its recruitment activities, the council is operating an anonymous shortlisting process, which hides personal information that can identify individuals until their application has been considered for shortlisting. The council also operates a scheme whereby, for jobs graded up to and including scale SO2, internal candidates are considered first. This includes those candidates who self-identify as having a disability for the purposes of the Disability Confident scheme. For more information, please refer to our recruitment and selection policy
How to apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative. For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.