Scale: Scale 5 Point 12 - 16 (£22,423 – £23,610)
Fixed Term Contract: 1 year
Location: Burnside Secondary
36 hours per week
Closing Date: 21st September 2021
Shortlisting: 22nd September 2021
Interviews: 27th September 2021
The Hawkswood Group supports pupils from all schools within Waltham Forest. Our staff are committed to improving the life chances of all pupils and work hard to raise standards attainment and confidence.
We are currently seeking to appoint an Admin Officer term time only. Ideally the candidate will have the experience of working in a school setting. The successful applicant will be part of a dynamic environment. This would be ideal for an individual who has excellent organisational skills, can work to deadlines and manage their own workload whilst being part of a team.
We are looking to recruit an Administrator. To be responsible for all areas of administration to assist the Hawkswood Group, hence this is a varied role.
- Front line service to the school
- To assist with the administration and clerical processes relating to staff recruitment and other staff changes to include medical clearance and criminal record checks as required;
- Order, monitor and manage stock within an agreed budget using established school systems.
- Complete and submit complex forms, returns etc., including those to outside agencies e.g. DFE.
- Contribute to the planning, development and organisation of support service systems/procedures/policies.
- Assist in the organisation of school trips/events etc in co-operation with other staff. Ensure that staff and external providers (e.g. coach companies) have completed all associated risk assessments
- Proven track record as an individual who is able to deliver effectively and on time.
- Exposure to and an understanding of office environments.
- Assisting to manage multiple tasks simultaneously from start to finish.
- Excellent problem solving, organisational and progress control skills are essential.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- A good working knowledge of SIMs software’s to include Microsoft Office and
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Clear thinker.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong word processing and data entry skills.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Application package will be available online on the Hawkswood Group website. www.hawkswoodgroup.org.uk
Completed application forms to be sent to: email@example.com
The Hawkswood Group is committed to promoting the safeguarding of children. Please note that this position requires an enhanced DBS, and safeguarding checks will be carried out prior to appointment.
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population. We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace. The Council is committed to meeting its 4 equality objectives: - Promoting equality of opportunity - Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage - Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels. - Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent Services to all. Respecting Diversity is a core Council value. To support the above and reduce the risk of bias in its recruitment activities, the council is operating an anonymous shortlisting process, which hides personal information that can identify individuals until their application has been considered for shortlisting. The council also operates a scheme whereby, for jobs graded up to and including scale SO2, internal candidates are considered first. This includes those candidates who self-identify as having a disability for the purposes of the Disability Confident scheme. For more information, please refer to our recruitment and selection policy
How to apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative. For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.