Head of Organisational Development
Head of Organisational Development- Job ad
(fixed term for 18 months)
Waltham Forest is an ambitious Borough. Driven by the culture and the innate creativity of our residents, we have developed innovative ways to build our communities and transform our Council. We are looking for a skilled and experienced Head of Organisational Development to join our People’s Programme team to help deliver great public services that are not only highly effective but also easily accessible.
We are a Council bursting with energy and opportunity. Our strong grasp of our finances means that we can invest - in our residents, our place and our people.
We have recently launched our ambitious People Strategy 2021-2025 and are work closely with our staff to help shape the delivery and bring to life our values.
We need to make sure that everything we are doing today supports that vision, and helps our residents and staff succeed in an increasingly uncertain world.
The Head of Organisational Development will lead strategic, modern, proactive, highly valued Organisational Development strategies as well as developing and supporting Council wide Organisational Development activities which deliver a culture of high performance and employee engagement in support of the council People, Ethnicity & Gender Pay Gap strategies.
Key skills and experience for the successful candidate are:
- Ability to work as an effective member of the HR Senior Management Team, in shaping, supporting, and driving forward the People Strategies.
- Ability to resolve problems where the immediate solution may not be apparent, using initiative and creativity to identify appropriate solutions.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues across the Council to ensure the effective operation and development of people development.
- Ability to receive, understand and convey ideas and information clearly and accurately which may at times be complex, highly detailed, technical or specialist, both in written and verbal form
- Ability to effectively plan and organise OD activities to support structural and cultural change across the Council.
- Successful record of managing and organising a substantial OD service, including managing leadership development.
- Experience of effective people management and deployment of resources to meet workload demands, service standards and monitoring performance against targets
- An entrepreneurial and commercial attitude with a focus on raising performance to achieve ambitious objectives.
We offer candidates the opportunity to enjoy rewarding work with a benefits package which includes 28 - 31 days holiday allowance, flexible working arrangements and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
For an informal chat or any further information, please contact : Eva.email@example.com
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population. We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace. The Council is committed to meeting its 4 equality objectives: - Promoting equality of opportunity - Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage - Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels. - Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent Services to all. Respecting Diversity is a core Council value. To support the above and reduce the risk of bias in its recruitment activities, the council is operating an anonymous shortlisting process, which hides personal information that can identify individuals until their application has been considered for shortlisting. The council also operates a scheme whereby, for jobs graded up to and including scale SO2, internal candidates are considered first. This includes those candidates who self-identify as having a disability for the purposes of the Disability Confident scheme. For more information, please refer to our recruitment and selection policy
How to apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative. For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.