Performance Analyst PO2 (Families) 12 Month Fixed Term
Performance Analyst (Families) – 12-month Fixed Term
We are seeking a Performance Analyst to help us develop valuable insights and support the Future of Social Care in the borough.
We are looking for a candidate who can use a range of sources and analytical techniques to produce high-quality analysis and reporting, including recommendations for action and improvement, plan and deliver Business Intelligence projects which generate new data insights to drive operational decision-making and service improvement, and support the development and embedding of an insight and intelligence culture throughout the council.
This is an exciting time to join Waltham Forest – London’s first Borough of Culture and the winner of the “MJ Council of the year” award. This is your chance to join an ambitious, people-focused organisation during a time of significant change, transformation and new challenges.
- Prepare and analyse data to produce intelligence and insights about council services and the borough.
- Design and develop visual reports and dashboards to provide actionable intelligence for managers and decision-makers.
- Identify and assess problems with the quality of data that is used for and presented in data reporting and take action to address issues identified.
- Contribute to (and lead where appropriate) the completion and submission of statutory reporting requirements, including returns required by government departments and regulators
- Highly numerate, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of recording and reporting complex data and information, preferably within a public sector context.
- Ability to analyse and pivot data to develop concise and actionable insights
- Knowledge and experience of data analysis tools and methods, including technology such as Excel and Power BI.
- Understanding of how data can be extracted and manipulated using a coding language such as SQL, R and/or Python.
- Ability to produce clear data visualisations in reports and dashboards.
- Ability to consistently deliver quality outputs in a fast-paced environment, work to tight deadlines, and contribute to a fun, fast-paced, high impact and dynamic environment
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population. We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace. The Council is committed to meeting its 4 equality objectives: - Promoting equality of opportunity - Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage - Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels. - Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent Services to all. Respecting Diversity is a core Council value. To support the above and reduce the risk of bias in its recruitment activities, the council is operating an anonymous shortlisting process, which hides personal information that can identify individuals until their application has been considered for shortlisting. The council also operates a scheme whereby, for jobs graded up to and including scale SO2, internal candidates are considered first. This includes those candidates who self-identify as having a disability for the purposes of the Disability Confident scheme. For more information, please refer to our recruitment and selection policy
How to apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative. For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.