Area Catering Manager
London Borough of Waltham Forest
WF Traded Services
Waltham Forest Catering
School Meals Service
Area Catering Manager Temporary contract minimum of 12 months.
PO2: £34,884 - £37,722 (inclusive) plus car mileage
36 hrs per week
Are you an experienced multi-site front-line catering manager with school meals experience? Are you able to lead and motivate a team to deliver excellent quality, freshly cooked school meals and help develop and grow our business?
Looking to work in and contribute to a vibrant multi cultural community within a friendly supportive team?
We are looking to welcome 2 new Team members who can support us with the delivery of our High Quality school meals.
Waltham Forest Catering has a diverse progressive workforce reflective of the vibrant community we serve, we welcome and encourage applications from all .
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced, enthusiastic Area Catering Managers to join our progressive school meals team. You must be a catering professional, able to work on your own initiative and:
- Lead, motivate and develop the catering team to consistently deliver an excellent school meals service
- Have recent experience of managing a multi-site school meals service
- Be creative in planning menus and developing recipes to meet strict School Food Standards, nutritional guidelines and Food for Life Catering Mark Standards
- Have excellent communication skills, interacting well with a variety of people, including children & young people, headteachers, parents, school governors and catering staff
- Have experience of managing client relations and achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
- Effectively manage income, profitability, food, labour and other costs within agreed budgets
- Be innovative in developing new income opportunities to increase sales
- Have a thorough knowledge of Health & Safety, Food Standards, Food Safety, HACCP and Food Information Regulations, and their practical application in school meals
- Have excellent craft skills and hold a relevant craft catering qualification
- Have experience of kitchen planning and good knowledge of current and new equipment
- Be fully committed to working and contributing as part of a team to achieve excellent outcomes and continuous improvement
- Be IT proficient
For an application form and further details please visit our website at www.walthamforest.gov.uk/jobs
For an informal discussion please contact Christine.email@example.com
Closing date:5.9.21 Interview date: week comm:13.9.21
This post is subject to vetting and a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and medical.
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population. We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace. The Council is committed to meeting its 4 equality objectives: - Promoting equality of opportunity - Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage - Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels. - Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent Services to all. Respecting Diversity is a core Council value. To support the above and reduce the risk of bias in its recruitment activities, the council is operating an anonymous shortlisting process, which hides personal information that can identify individuals until their application has been considered for shortlisting. The council also operates a scheme whereby, for jobs graded up to and including scale SO2, internal candidates are considered first. This includes those candidates who self-identify as having a disability for the purposes of the Disability Confident scheme. For more information, please refer to our recruitment and selection policy
How to apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative. For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.