Little Learners Nurseries
Nursery Practitioner (Zero hours contract- Bank staff)
Post available: Nursery Practitioner
Salary: £10 per hour
Employer: Little Learners Nurseries
Contract Type: Zero Hours Contract
Contract Term: Ad hoc bank staff would be called as and when cover is needed
Closing date: 26/5/2021
We are looking to recruit a team of bank staff to support in the nurseries on an ad hoc basis as and when cover is required. You would work with our babies (Aged 1-2 years) and toddlers (Aged 2-3 years). You could hold a level 1 or 2 qualification in childcare, but this is not essential. If successful, you would be on a zero hours contract and would be contacted to see if you are available to cover hours as and when needed.
- Provide the children with a safe, secure and home like environment
- Have a working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Operate a key person system and liaise with parents, carers, and senior staff
- Plan, organise and implement a programme of activities to meet the needs of this age group and each individual child’s needs and interests
- Work as part of a highly motivated and professional team
Do you have:
- An appropriate qualification and/or recognised by the DFE as full and relevant for the EYFS.
- The commitment to provide first class childcare
- The ability to promote good practice in a professional manner
- Good organisational skills
- A caring, kind and approachable manner
- An understanding of how children develop and learn
- Good English, Mathematics and ICT skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative
We can offer:
- A welcoming Nursery
- Close links with the church and local community
- Enthusiastic, well-behaved children who are eager to learn
- Hardworking, motivated and positive colleagues
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo Child Protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau. References will be taken up before interviews are offered.
Early application is encouraged as we review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert earlier than the stated deadline.
Address: St Saviour’s, Verulam Avenue, Walthamstow, London, E17 8ER
Tel: 020 8520 0612
All completed applications should be returned to Alison Brown.
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population. We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace. The Council is committed to meeting its 4 equality objectives: - Promoting equality of opportunity - Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage - Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels. - Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent Services to all. Respecting Diversity is a core Council value. To support the above and reduce the risk of bias in its recruitment activities, the council is operating an anonymous shortlisting process, which hides personal information that can identify individuals until their application has been considered for shortlisting. The council also operates a scheme whereby, for jobs graded up to and including scale SO2, internal candidates are considered first. This includes those candidates who self-identify as having a disability for the purposes of the Disability Confident scheme. For more information, please refer to our recruitment and selection policy