The Winns is a popular, large three-form entry primary school in Waltham Forest, located next to Lloyd’s Park, with good transport links. We now have vacancies for September for classroom teachers, including an EYFS teacher, to join our large team.
Pay scale: MPS (1-6) TLRs may be available for experienced candidates, who are looking for leadership opportunities.
Why work at the Winns?
- We are a happy, inclusive and ambitious community school who believe that everyone should feel valued and respected.
- Behaviour is a real strength at the school – children skip into school each day eager to learn and relationships between children and adults are very positive.
- Working in a large team means there are opportunities to share and learn from each other
- We ensure that teachers receive the support they need to develop professionally
- There is a strong commitment to working together as a team
- We have exciting plans for the future and are looking for teachers who value creativity and innovation to join our team.
What we are looking for
- Teachers who love what they do and want to make a real difference to the lives of children
- Teachers who want to develop professionally and actively seek out opportunities for professional development
- Teachers who are passionate about the curriculum and are keen to work with others to continue to improve teaching and learning
- Teachers who can work well as part of a team
Applications are invited from experienced teachers or newly qualified teachers who possess the skills, enthusiasm, and commitment necessary to ensure our pupils succeed and develop in our nurturing community. TLRs may be available for suitable applicants who are able to take on leadership responsibilities.
If you are interested in having an informal conversation about working at the school or would like to look around, please contact Samantha Fiander who will arrange for a member of SLT to call you back.
Contact number: 0208 527 1872
Closing date: 14th May 2021
Interview date: 18/19th May 2021
Waltham Forest is a diverse borough where diversity is valued and is integral to both, service delivery and employment of its staff. The Council is proud of its rich mix of communities and as the largest employer in the area, it works hard to respond to the changing needs of its population. We use our statutory duties on race, gender and disability equality and best practice in respect of age, faith and sexual orientation to ensure equality of opportunity in the workplace. The Council is committed to meeting its 4 equality objectives: - Promoting equality of opportunity - Opposing all forms of discrimination, intolerance and disadvantage - Ensuring our workforce reflects the diverse communities of Waltham Forest at all levels. - Providing fair, appropriate, accessible and excellent Services to all. Respecting Diversity is a core Council value. To support the above and reduce the risk of bias in its recruitment activities, the council is operating an anonymous shortlisting process, which hides personal information that can identify individuals until their application has been considered for shortlisting. The council also operates a scheme whereby, for jobs graded up to and including scale SO2, internal candidates are considered first. This includes those candidates who self-identify as having a disability for the purposes of the Disability Confident scheme. For more information, please refer to our recruitment and selection policy